Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
Dorking Halls is seeking enthusiastic individuals to work with in our growing technical department.
Prior experience within the entertainment industry or theatrical studies is essential.
The job requires:
- Help setup and dismantle any activities taking place within Dorking Halls, Inc touring shows, Conferences or fairs
- Rig and focus theatrical lighting
- Operate (follow spot / sound desk / lighting desk / stage management) during a show
- Help with Dorking Halls Maintenance program including PAT Testing (Training Given)
- To be a named key holder for the building
You will have experience of operating and setting up lighting and sound equipment in a professional environment.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in working with in a technical department of a busy theatre venue as well as experience of working with amateur organisations and touring companies
You should have a good understanding of effective customer care and you must have a willingness to work long and unsociable hours with a flexible approach to working hours and availability.
- Have a good understanding of Sound, and operated a professional Sound Console like a Digico SD9
- Have a head for heights (prior use of MEWPS desirable)
- Be physically fit and able to move heavy equipment
- Be able to work anti-social hours
- Be able to work individually or as part of a team
- Have had experience in operating a professional lighting console, Such as Avolites Pearl Expert or ETC Ion etc
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year (from 1 April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café