Mole Valley District Council plays a vital part in supporting the community ensuring that the Mole Valley Life Telecare Monitoring and Response team is available 24 hours a day every day.
We have a vacancy for a flexible individual who will be contracted to work 24 hours a week over two shift, these shifts cover; Days, Nights, Weekends, Bank and Public Holidays. The six week rota is created in advance but can be subject to change to cover different days or nights as the service dictates.
You will have experience in a role requiring provision of a high standard of customer service to the public incorporating high volumes of telephone communication.
Ideally you will know or have a working knowledge of Jontek or other Telecare monitoring platforms and the following:
• An interest in helping the community.
• Collaborative ethos
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills
• Competent in all Microsoft systems with a minimum of 30 words per minute typing speed
• Crisis Management
• Problem solver
• Experience having worked with older persons in the community
• Experience having worked with the voluntary and faith sector
• A responsible and caring attitude
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year (from April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle Scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops and businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
If you have the desired skills for this role and would like any further information please contact the Operations Manager, Lorraine Tellis at Lorraine.email@example.com call 01372 204514. Alternatively, you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: February 27 2019 – 12pm
Interview dates: Wednesday 6 or Thursday 7 March 2019
DBS check required for the role