Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
We operate a dynamic lively and professional environment and are a very approachable team.
The Development Management Service aims to deliver high quality decisions in a timely fashion to ensure that the high quality environment of Mole Valley is protected and enhanced.
We are not afraid of innovation and want new team members to help us maintain our high performance while promoting new ideas, constantly looking for ways to improve our working practices.
It is sometimes said that Planning Enforcement is sometimes regarded as the “Cinderella Service”. Not so in Mole Valley! We have recently formed the Planning Specialist Team working within Development Management. This team includes planning enforcement officers, historic environment officers and tree officers.
Working in an open plan office please do not think you would be confined to working with your “team mates” only – collaboration and sharing knowledge is key to our success. In fact we pride ourselves on the a wider-service mentality, you will be working with colleagues from development management, planning policy, planning support and more.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 22 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Mark Turner on 01306 879240
Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 14 December 2018
Interview dates: w/c 7 January 2019
Politically Restricted: Yes
Full time – 37 hours