Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
We operate a dynamic lively and professional environment and are a very approachable team.
Do you want to showcase your skills, bring fresh ideas whilst having the opportunity to develop and progress, then this might be just the role for you.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a Revenues professional to join a forward thinking team with a strong focus on excellent service to our customers. We have recently positively reshaped the service and this exciting role has been created to provide professional support to the team.
If you are motivated by improving the customer experience and aspire to deliver a first class service then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an Assistant who is able to engage with our customers.
Excellent communication skills are essential.
You will be joining a small friendly team in an organisation which is a great place to work with clear ambitions and a strong ethos of team work and collaboration. You will also be working in a very fast service providing first class customer service to our customers.
You will have experience of having worked in a Council Tax and/or Business Rates environment with the ability to amend liability and to ensure accurate billing in accordance with legislation, or show that you have the ability to learn new skills and develop your knowledge in this challenging area.
Demonstrable knowledge and professional interest in the core services of the role.
Demonstrable experience of effective team working.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 22 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Becky Mortimer-Browne on 01306 879337 Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 21 December 2018
Interview dates: Thursday 10 January 2019
DBS Check: Yes
Politically Restricted: Yes