We are looking for an enthusiastic Project and Performance Support Officer to join our busy Risk Management and Performance Team at the heart of Mole Valley District Council.
The role involves working with colleagues from all Council departments on a wide range of project and performance management activities.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we develop and roll-out a new approach to managing the organisations performance, and will be a key member of the project team leading this work. You will also take the lead on producing the Council’s Annual Report 2018/19, as well as getting involved in enhancing information and awareness of equalities and diversity, and supporting the team in a wide range of other projects and initiatives led by the Risk and Performance Management Team.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in gaining experience of working at the centre of the organisation, and developing their skills and knowledge across a wide range of activities. You will be confident working with a range of stakeholders, including senior managers and Members.
You will have strong organisational and communication skills, and will interested in working on and improving our corporate performance management arrangements. You will have a positive outlook and be confident in your ability to encourage individuals of all levels to engage with corporate requirements.
You will be highly motivated and able to prioritise your own workload to meet competing demands.
You will have excellent time management skills that demonstrate your ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work.
This is a six month temporary role, reporting to the Project and Performance Officer.
This is a politically restricted role.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year (from 1 April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Jane Nottage on 01306 879188 or Beth Bloxsome on 01306 879390. Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 19 February 2019
Interview date: 26 February 2019