Mole Valley Community Support Services provides a wide range of services for the community including Mole Valley Telecare, Centres for the Community and Community Transport.
Working for the Community as a driver for our Community Transport Scheme, you will provide a service for our elderly and/or disabled members of the public who request transport from door to door. Many of our clients require assistance and therefore drivers need to be physically fit with a caring personality .You will also undertake some school contract work, taking children to/from schools in the locality.
Casual drivers are required who could work on a sessional basis, potentially two to three hours or on a daily basis as required. The post holder must also be prepared to work flexibly and to be contactable as required to support the Community Transport service. The post is based in Leatherhead, although you will be required to work throughout the Mole Valley area. The Council offers excellent conditions of service and a friendly working environment.
• Applicants must be able to drive a minibus sized vehicle (D1, D1E preferred)
• Knowledge of the local area and an interest in driving.
• Flexibility around working patterns
• A responsible and caring attitude
• Experience of driving accessible or larger vehicles
• The post holder must be willing to undertake a DBS Disclosure and complete all additional training as required.